Sunday, January 26, 2014

Wow. I'm the worst blogger ever.

Hey friends,

Welp, I've made the same mistake I always say I'm going to make. I just can't ever seem to make myself sit down and write an entry. Now that the holidays are over and I'm back to the graduate school grind, I seem to always seem to say, "I need to go for a run and then post on my blog...no time now though-I'll do it later..." Obviously, later never seems to be a good time-hence, my lack of posts...

Anyways, there's honestly not much to tell about my running. That's because I haven't been running. There's really no excuse for it except for the fact that it's freezing here and by the time I get home from school, it's pitch-black and frankly, I'm just too lazy. A friend of mine who lives in Alaska, is always posting pictures of her late night runs in the snow and each time I see one, I realize that I have no real excuse for not going for a run. It has gotten out of control y'all...

BUT. I am still planning on running a marathon!

Joe and I have been hiking and walking lately and this week, I am rededicating myself to my running. Joe and I recently bought some bookshelves for the apartment which forced me to clean out all of the shelves in my office so that I could fill up my new shelves :) Today, as I was going through tons of pieces of paper, notebooks, and books, I found my training schedule. It was a sign. I realized that I have been majorly stalling, and it's mostly because I'm scared. I am absolutely terrified to try to go out and run a marathon in 9 months and not be able to do it. I'm terrified that I won't be in good enough shape or that I won't have properly trained and I'll fail.

Obviously I know that the only way to overcome these fears and finish that race is to go outside and take it one run at a time. I need to suck it up and remember why I decided to go on this crazy journey in the first place and especially remember the people for whom I am determined to run 26.2 miles.

Tomorrow is a new day and another opportunity to do something that so many people are unable to do. Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment