Wednesday, July 31, 2013

H'okay so...

I have a little problem and I need some advice!!

For the past couple of weeks, every time I go running--maybe 5 minutes into the run--I get a horrible cramp in my right side. It is up underneath my rib cage and is very sharp and it really screws up my breathing. Not cool.

I have no idea why it keeps happening! I drink a TON of water everyday ( I absolutely love water, so it's not even difficult for me to be chugging water all day), so I don't think it's a hydration problem.

I've tried all the little secrets I know:
       1. Gatorade/powerade to make sure i'm extra hydrated and also pump up my electrolytes
       2. Eating something a bit salty before my runs to pump up my electrolytes
       3. Deep breaths where I pause/hold my breath in between breaths to slow my breathing down
       4. I've tried taking a breath in every time I plant with my right foot
...basically I've tried every thing I've ever heard and/or think might work. Nothing has and it's really annoying.

Anybody out there in cyberland have any good tips?!

Thanks guyses,

PaigeMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment